I am aware of a number of recent very distressing burglaries and incidents of crime in both Dublin 7 and Dublin 15. Following this, I have been in contact with Superintendent Carolan in Blanchardstown Garda Station. His reply can be read below and as you will read, An Garda Síochána will be arranging a number of meetings locally to advise residents on security measures.
I have contacted the Minister for Justice requesting him to take specific action against what appears to be burglary gangs operating across the Dublin 7 and Dublin 15 areas.
I you would like to contact me about specific concerns you have, please feel free to do so.
Letter from Superintendent, Blanchardstown Garda Station
I wish to advise your office that in an effort to deal with this issue, the following policing operations are being implemented.
– Members of the K District Community Action team have been deployed on plain clothes patrols in the area alongside members of the Detective unit.
– The DMR West Roads Policing unit have been carrying out high visibility checkpoints in the vicinity of Auburn Avenue/ Castleknock Road area.
– The Community Policing unit are also patrolling the area and crime prevention leaflets in PDF format have been sent to the Neighbourhood watch co-ordinators in the Castleknock and Carpenterstown areas.
– Intelligence Units has been tasked by the Detective Inspector to identify the particular crime groups currently believed to be engaged in the commission of these burglaries.
– It is proposed to hold a crime prevention seminar for local residents groups in the area and Sgt Connolly , Crime Prevention Officer, DMR West will give the necessary advice.
– Sgt Carey, Community Police has made sure all text alert schemes are fully operational.