- Labour will invest in climate action now, targeting 100,000 homes for insulation and retrofitting each year, and invest in the ESB, Coillte and Bord na Móna to create new sustainable jobs in clean energy, recycling and land management.
- Labour will freeze and cap rents for three years, and invest €16 billion to build 80,000 social and affordable homes over five years because the private market has failed.
- We want a fair start for every child and we will invest an extra €200 million annually to make primary education genuinely free-of-charge and to develop a Childcare Scheme for Working Parents.
- Over five years Labour will invest €5 billion in our health service, €1 billion every year of new money, to end the recruitment embargo so we have fully staffed hospitals and primary care centres, slash waiting lists, and deliver free-of-charge GP care for under-18s.
- Labour has a plan for Better Pay and Job Security and we want to raise the minimum wage to a living wage, guarantee a right to be represented at work by a trade union, and to freeze the State pension age at 66.
You can read the full Labour Party 2020 Election Manifesto here.